I was seduced yesterday. I was looking at Taste Spotting or somewhere and saw a recipe for Root Beer Float Cupcakes. I had to make them. So I did.
These were still hot so I didn’t ice them all, only the ones we ate immediately. They only took about an hour to make and were so so yummy.
You can find the recipe here. The recipe goes back and forth between cups and grams for measurements. So for my fellow Americans, here are the conversions:
- 65 grams of butter is approximately 4.5 T
- 110 grams of caster sugar is approximately 1/2 cups
- 175 grams of butter is approximately is about 12.5 T but I used only 11.5 T – this way the total recipe uses 2 sticks of butter
- caster sugar is regular sugar that’s spent some time in a coffee grinder
- 180 degrees C is approximately 350 degrees F
My kids were thrilled.
I put the rest of the icing in the fridge and I’ll ice them tomorrow. This recipe is definitely something I’m making again because who doesn’t love a good cupcake?